I Must Be Outta my Flipping Mind
Thanks to a fellow writer friend, Pam (the writer formally known as Pimp My Mixer Pam, or Pimp for short), the Girls in the Basement (aka My Muses) have demanded that I revive this poor, lonely, negleted blog and challenge myself to post everyday this month. And since I haven’t heard from them in a while, I’ve decided to oblige.
But this is crazy!
This month is going to be nuts. My kid is graduating on the 26th. I have family coming to town, announcements to send out, a party to plan, a clothes shopping trip to take with a reluctant teenager, a filthy house to clean – all while waking up before dawn to sling coffee to the addicts. I really don’t need to be doing this now. I should put it off ’til next month, right?
Sigh. No, I can’t.
1) I call myself a writer. Writer’s write. I haven’t been writing. That needs to change.
2) I’ve been reading Leveraging the Universe, which is kind of like The Secret with a dose of reality added. You can visualize your heart’s desire all you want, but the Universe can’t help you unless you DO what it sets down for you to DO. The Universe sent the Girls with this challenge.
3) I already told Cynthia I was going to do it. Dammit.
But like Pam, I have a few ground rules:
1) The primary purpose for this challenge is for me to start writing again and get the cobwebs out. I’m not going for quality. I’m going to try to be clever or funny or insightful. I’m not going to worry about grammar. No editing. It’s going to be a lot like the Big Chief writing in my high schools days where I would just put my pen to paper and write. In other words, it might suck. And that’s okay.
2) As much as I love people to read my blog, I’m writing mostly for myself. All two of you who still read my blog are more than welcome to read and comment, I’m just saying it probably won’t be all that interesting. Just ramblings of a crazy woman. Again, it might suck.
3) It’s gonna suck.
So, here goes the challenge. Wish me luck.